Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Long time, no talk!

Well hello there!! So, it's only been about 3 months since I last wrote. Is that too horrible!??!!? I'm so sorry!!! There just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want/need to do!! But, hey, I'm not complaining. I'd rather spend the time with you than spend it on the computer!!! So let's see how much I can update in one sitting!!

Since June, you've started walking, pointing to the light, and pointing to your nose and eyes! I've also noticed that you understand what I'm saying when I ask you to do something - you're such a smart little boy!! I think most of this is coming from the fact that you moved to toddler class in August!! Mommy wasn't sure you were ready for that, but you totally were!! You love it!!! It's so cute to see you be able to feed yourself and take a nap on your mat (thank goodness for your sweet teachers who text me pictures so I can see all of this!)

One thing we have figured out about you is a very strange phobia. You are afraid of bald men!! I noticed it a couple of times around friends and Todd, but didn't put it together. Then one day at school, your little friend Morgan's dad (a bald man) was dropping her off, and the teachers said you saw him coming and started screaming, and it all came together for me. Now I know you have your love of hair (mine and yours), so I guess anyone without hair is a fright for you!!! Morgan's sweet daddy wears a hat now when he drops her off, so he won't scare you! But we're starting to make progress. The teachers told me the other day that you gave him a high five and didn't scream (too bad) when you saw him. So funny!!

Over Labor Day we went to Little Rock to visit everyone. We took you and Ryan to a water park. You were a little leary of it, but I think you enjoyed it. Except for when the water would go off and you stumble out in the middle to walk around, and darn it, the water would shoot back on. It scared you to death!! You also got to go out to the garden with us. You and I mostly drove around in the golf cart though - we'll leave the dirty work to someone else, right?!? You got to see Grandpa and Meemo. They loved seeing how big you've gotten and all of the cute things you do!

In September you went to Abby's 4th birthday party. It was perfect for you because it was a dance party, and you have some mad dancing skills! You usually bend at the waist and move the top half of your body side to side - it's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!

At the end of September we went to Pickwick Lake for Uncle Jay's birthday. This is an annual thing that we do. I think you'll enjoy it more as you get older. We went on a boatride, but you missed most of that because you fell asleep!! I have no idea how you slept in a life preserver, but you must have been exhausted, because you had no problem sleeping on the cushion!

We're coming up on Halloween season now, so I'll post all about our Halloween escapades in the next blog, which hopefully won't be sometime next year!! Until then, Kiss Kiss from Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment